Head of Finance
- £60000.00 - £75000.00 per annum
- Full Time
- Leisure and Sport
- Head of Finance
Head of Finance / Ormskirk / Salary: £60,000 - £75,000 / Full-time or part-time (4 days a week)
Full time or part-time role (4 days a week) will be considered for this role. 25 days holiday + bank holidays and a great flexible benefits package.
We have a great opportunity for an experienced and hands-on Head of Finance to join our client who are an established, privately owned organisation based in Ormskirk. In this newly created role, you will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of financial management and providing strategic guidance to senior management. This role requires a hands-on approach, as you will be actively involved in day-to-day finance operations, financial planning, reporting, and analysis.
- You will be responsible for managing the day-to-day finance team, reporting directly into the General Manager. You will support and mentor a small finance team on-site (2)
- You will take ownership of financial operations, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, cash management, and payroll. Ensuring accurate and timely recording of financial transactions.
- Prepare and monitor budgets, forecasts, and financial projections. Conduct regular analysis of financial performance, identifying areas for improvement and cost-saving opportunities.
- You will collaborate closely with cross-functional teams, such as sales and operations, to support decision-making and provide financial insights. Acting as a trusted advisor to senior management, offering financial expertise and guidance.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements, ensuring compliance with accounting standards. Provide meaningful insights and commentary on financial results to senior management.
- Monitor and manage cash flow. Implementing cash flow controls and measures to mitigate financial risks.
- Ensure compliance with HMRC, Tax and lead with the year-end audit process.
- You will streamline finance processes and implement efficient financial systems and tools. Drive automation initiatives to improve accuracy, productivity, and data integrity.
- Fully Qualified CIMA, ACCA, ACA
- Proven experience working in a similar, SME hands-on, Head of Finance role.
- Strong communication skills, able to engage with stakeholders.
- Highly motivated, looking for an opportunity to own projects and have an impact in this role.
To discuss this role in more detail please contact Lauren Harrison at Accountable ON 07731 356 287.
Apply for this position