Senior Finance Manager
- £50000 - £65000 per annum
- Full Time
- St. Helens
- Senior Finance Manager
Senior Finance Manager
£55K - £65K
We are searching for a Senior Finance Manager to join our dynamic team within a large, fast-paced business.
As Senor Finance Manager you will be responsible for managing a small, but talented team of finance professionals to ensure the department runs smoothly.
The role will be responsible for the monthly management accounting processes and controls, specifically responsible for the Profit and Loss accounts and managing a team of 7.
You will act as financial support to the senior leaders through the production of timely financial information and analysis - this will encompass budgeting, forecasting and ongoing control
The ideal candidate must be a qualified accountant and will have a strong background in finance and accounting, with experience managing teams and working in a fast-paced environment. You will be responsible for financial planning, forecasting, and analysis, as well as ensuring compliance with financial regulations.
You will need excellent communication skills, as you will work closely with other departments within the organization to ensure financial reports are accurate and timely. Additionally, you will need to be able to handle multiple tasks and priorities, and be comfortable working in a demanding environment.
As Senior Finance Manager your role will involve:
- Managing a team of 7
- Providing analytical review and commentary across key account captions and business areas, including specific reviews as and when required, including support in preparing monthly management accounts
- Support in the preparation of external reporting requirements - half year and year end external announcements
- Provision of information for external audit purposes
- Ensure all risks & opportunities are logged as part of the month end close process and actively managed where applicable
- Review and challenge Gross Margins and overhead cost bases and identify areas for efficiency (process and cost).
- Ensure all policies and procedures are adhered to and ensure controls are effective.
- Coaching of team members to ensure continual improvement in understanding and ownership of balance sheet accounts
- Ensuring balance sheet accounts are reconciled on an agreed periodic basis ensuring reconciling items are regularly reviewed and addressed in accordance with policies and accounting standards.
- Assist FC to drive improvements to the accounting system Establish best practices for financial systems use and ensures that these practices are used throughout wider team
- Conducting Effective Employee 1-2-1s on a regular basis.
To apply for the job you must:
- Be a Qualified Accountant with experience of working in a similar role
- Experience of managing a team; mix of qualified and non-qualified.
- Knowledge in working with ERP applications
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint, Word and Excel
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) internally across distances and externally with other stakeholders.
- Ability to tailor communications to the appropriate audience
- Team management experience
- Proven track record of financial control and demonstrated the ability to lead process changes
Please apply ASAP if you're interested in this position or call Rebecca on 07889300045.Apply for this position